Musician Auditions for Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Book by JEFFREY LANE
Music and Lyrics by DAVID YAZBEK
Based on the film "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" written by DALE LAUNER and STANLEY SHAPIRO & PAUL HENNING
Original Broadway production directed by JACK O'BRIEN
Directed by Danelle White
Musical Direction by Nick Turnbull
Choreography by Vicki Trask
Auditions are held at Beddington Theatre Arts Centre, 375 Bermuda Dr NW.
Please note that FRC produces shows on a volunteer, recreational basis, and does not financially compensate participants except for pre-approved show-related expenses.
If you have never played with us before, or would like to meet the musical director in person, please book a spot IN PERSON on SUNDAY. Please prepare the following:
- one-two (1-2) minutes of a selection showcasing range, emotion and technique. It should be a jazz standard, or a contemporary etude (neoclassical or post-tonal).
- scales, either myxolidian (key of choice) or melodic minor in proper form
The audition will also involve a sight-reading component from the show totalling no more than 24 measures.
If you have played with us before, and prefer a PHONE INTERVIEW, please book a spot BY PHONE on MONDAY.
Please provide any potential rehearsal conflicts on the audition form, we will review this with you prior to your audition.
About the Show
Give them what they want
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels takes us to the French Riviera for high jinks and hilarity. Lawrence Jameson makes his lavish living by talking rich ladies out of their money. Freddy Benson more humbly swindles women by waking their compassion with fabricated stories about his grandmother's failing health. After meeting on a train, they attempt to work together, only to find that this small French town isn't big enough for the two of them. They agree on a settlement: the first one to extract $50,000 from a young female target, heiress, Christine Colgate, wins, and the other must leave town. A hilarious battle of cons ensues that will keep audiences laughing, humming and guessing to the end!
PLEASE NOTE: For the week prior to opening (i.e. beginning Sunday June 7th), please expect a rehearsal or other activity on each day.
June 12th - 27th 2020, Beddington Theatre Arts Centre
- Electric Bass
- French Horn
Orchestration, as written, is comprised of the following. We are happy to accommodate the abilities of our musicians and will be splitting the books as required to do so.
- Reed 1: Alto Flute, Alto Sax, Bb Clarinet, Flute, Soprano Sax
- Reed 2: Bb Clarinet, English Horn, Flute, Oboe, Tenor Sax
- Reed 3: Bb Clarinet, Bari Sax, Bass Clarinet, Bassoon, Flute
- French Horn
- Trumpet 1: Cornet, Flugelhorn, Bb Trumpet
- Trumpet 2: Flugelhorn, Bb Trumpet
- Trombone: Tenor, Bass
- Violin 1: acoustic / electric
- Violin 2
- Violin 3
- Keyboard 1
- Keyboard 2 (including laptop)
- Bass: Electric, String Bass (+ large amp)
- Guitar: Acoustic, Banjo, Electric (+ amp)
- Drum Set (acoustic)
- Percussion: Bell Tree, Bongos, Cabasa, Castanets, Claves, Congas, Cowbell, Cymbals, Gran Casa, Mark-tree, Bells, Piati, Shaker, Susp. Cymbals, Tambourine, Timbales, Timpani (2-3), Train Whistle, Triangle, Woodblock and Xylophone)
Book your audition online
Please choose an audition time below and complete the request form.
Sunday February 23, 2020
Monday February 24, 2020