Our season wraps up with a hysterical blast of classic Broadway, in the form of Cole Porter's Kiss Me Kate. Combine Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew with Porter's music and lyrics to get an instant success. This is a play-within-a-play where each cast member's on-stage life is complicated by what is happening offstage. Classic numbers from the show include Wunderbar, Too Darn Hot, Brush Up Your Shakespeare, and Another Op'nin, Another Show. Kiss Me Kate is fun, melodious and sophisticated.
FRONT ROW CENTRE PLAYERS SOCIETY'S COMMUNITY THEATRE PRODUCTION OF
KISS ME KATE
- MUSIC BY SAMUEL SPEWACK, LYRICS BY BELLA SPEWACK, WRITTEN BY COLE PORTER
- DIRECTED BY GEORGE PALMER, MUSICAL DIRECTION BY BRIAN HOLIDAY, CHOREOGRAPHY BY BONNIE OSOFF-BULTZ
- FEATURING CARL BISHOP as FRED
- JUDY DUNSMUIR as LILLI/KATE
- CHRISTINE HORNE as LILLI/KATE
- MICHAEL BROWN as BILL/LUCENTIO
- BECKIE ULLETT as LOIS/BIANCA
KISS ME KATE is produced in special arrangement with TAMS-WITMARK MUSIC LIBRARY, INC.