We can hardly wait to wake and get to work at eight.
Conditions at the Sleep-Tite Pajama Factory are anything but peaceful as sparks fly between the new superintendent, Sid Sorokin, and Babe Williams, leader of the union grievance committee. Their stormy relationship comes to a head when the workers strike for a 7½ cent pay increase, setting off not only a conflict between management and labor, but a battle of the sexes as well.
The Pajama Game was awarded the 1955 Tony for Best Musical and, over half of a century later, claimed the award for Best Revival of a Musical, proving that the story is truly timeless. With an energetic score by Richard Adler and Jerry Ross (Damn Yankees), The Pajama Game is brimming with songs and dances that have become musical theatre standards, including "Steam Heat" and "Hernando's Hideaway."
This is a very serious drama. It’s kind of a problem play. It’s about Capital and Labor. I wouldn’t bother to make such a point of this except if you happen to see a lot of naked women being chased through the woods… Well I don’t want you to get the wrong impression.
FRONT ROW CENTRE PLAYERS SOCIETY'S COMMUNITY THEATRE PRODUCTION OF
THE PAJAMA GAME
- BOOK BY GEORGE ABBOTT AND RICHARD BISSELL
- MUSIC AND LYRICS BY RICHARD ADLER AND JERRY ROSS
- BASED ON THE NOVEL "7½ CENTS" BY RICHARD BISSELL
- DIRECTED BY JAMES NOONAN
- MUSICAL DIRECTION BY CAREY UNGER
- CHOREOGRAPHY BY DANIELLE DESMARAIS
- FEATURING FADI SAGHIR as SID SOROKIN
- TANIS LAATSCH as CATHERINE 'BABE' WILLIAMS
- JANOS ZELLER as VERNON HINES
- JAMIE EASTGAARD-ROSS as PREZ
- GINETTE SIMONOT as GLADYS HOTCHKISS
THE PAJAMA GAME
is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI).
All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. 421 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212-541-4684 Fax 212-397-4684