Miguel de Cervantes has been thrown into a dungeon in Seville to await trial. A kangaroo court of his fellow prisoners propose to confiscate his few possessions, including the uncompleted manuscript of a novel called Don Quixote. Cervantes, seeking to save it, proposes a defence in the form of entertainment. The "court" accedes and before their eyes, Cervantes transforms himself into Don Quixote, and regales the prisoners with the famous tale of the Don and his faithful servant, Sancho Panza. The winner of five Tony Awards, including best musical, this show features the immortal song, The Impossible Dream and many other favourites.
FRONT ROW CENTRE PLAYERS SOCIETY'S COMMUNITY THEATRE PRODUCTION OF
MAN OF LA MANCHA
- MUSIC BY MITCH LEIGH, LYRICS BY JOE DARION, WRITTEN BY DALE WASSERMAN
- DIRECTED BY BILL TORRIE, MUSICAL DIRECTION BY JEVON HILLS
- FEATURING BECKIE ULLETT as FERMIA/MOORISH DANCER
- CARMAN PORTELLI as PEDRO/MULETEER
- CAROLINE RICHARDS as HOUSEKEEPER
- CHRIS WILLOTT as PADRE
- COLLEEN BISHOP as ANTONIA
MAN OF LA MANCHA is produced by arrangement with, and the music and dialogue material furnished by TAMS-WITMARK MUSIC LIBRARY, INC.
560 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10022