In olden days a glimpse of stocking was looked on as something shocking but now, god knows, anything goes!
Billy Crocker comes on board a transatlantic cruise ship to drop off his boss’s passport only to find that one of the other passengers is his long lost love, the American debutante Hope Harcourt, who is travelling with her fiancé and mother. Determined to win her back, Billy assumes the identity of a missing passenger – who unfortunately turns out to be public enemy number one!
There’s no cure like travel to help you unravel the worries of living today!
So Billy must stave off the interest of another woman (nightclub singer Reno Sweeny), tangle with gangsters and the FBI, wade through a plethora of mistaken identities both accidental and deliberate, and keep himself hidden from his boss. The hilarity and hijinks escalate as Billy will find that anything does go aboard this ship! Join FRC for a De-Lovely time wrapped around one of Cole Porter's most beloved scores.
It’s delightful, it’s delicious, it’s de-lovely
FRONT ROW CENTRE PLAYERS SOCIETY'S COMMUNITY THEATRE PRODUCTION OF
- MUSIC AND LYRICS BY COLE PORTER
- ORIGINAL BOOK BY P.G. WODEHOUSE & GUY BOLTON AND HOWARD LINDSAY & RUSSEL CROUSE
- NEW BOOK BY TIMOTHY CROUSE & JOHN WEIDMAN
- ORIGINALLY PRODUCED BY LINCOLN CENTER THEATRE, NEW YORK CITY
- DIRECTED BY JAMIE EASTGAARD-ROSS
- MUSICAL DIRECTION BY BRIAN HOLIDAY
- CHOREOGRAPHY BY MIKEE AMES
- FEATURING TANIS LAATSCH as RENO SWEENEY
- ALLIE HIGGINS-POMPU as HOPE HARCOURT
- DARREN STEWART as BILLY CROCKER
- JANOS ZELLER as LORD EVELYN OAKLEIGH
- ANDREA O'BRIEN as ERMA
ANYTHING GOES is produced by arrangement with, and the music and dialogue material furnished by TAMS-WITMARK MUSIC LIBRARY, INC.
560 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10022