Welcome to Urinetown. Not the place of course, the musical. Urinetown the place is sort of a mythical place, a bad place – let’s just say it’s full of symbolism and things like that.
It’s a privilege to pee: water’s worth its weight in gold these days
No more bathrooms like in olden days, you come here and pay a fee.
This satirical comedy features a city of the future afflicted by a terrible drought where public amenity tycoon Caldwell B. Cladwell has made his fortune by bribery, monopolization, and the implementation of a brutal police force maintaining the laws against private toilets and public urination. Bolstered by the love of a woman, Bobby Strong will stand up and say enough is enough! But things may be more complicated than he thinks – the woman he loves is none other than the daughter of the very tycoon he is trying to overthrow.
No anger or badness, just laughter and gladness, if only you follow your heart!
FRONT ROW CENTRE PLAYERS SOCIETY'S COMMUNITY THEATRE PRODUCTION OF
- MUSIC AND LYRICS BY MARK HOLLMANN
- BOOK AND LYRICS BY GREG KOTIS
- DIRECTED BY LINDSAY KURTZE
- MUSICAL DIRECTION BY ANDREA O'BRIEN
- CHOREOGRAPHY BY JORDANNA FRASER STANGELAND
- FEATURING ADAM SANDERS as BOBBY STRONG
- STUART BENTLEY as CALDWELL B. CLADWELL
- CAITLYNNE MEDREK as HOPE
- CATHY MARTIN as PENELOPE PENNYWISE
- MICHAEL BROWN as OFFICER LOCKSTOCK
is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI).
All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. 421 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019
Phone: 212-541-4684 Fax 212-397-4684