We got sunlight on the sand, we got moonlight on the sea…
Returning to the FRC stage is South Pacific’s exotic story of romance, war, and love fighting to overcome prejudice. Two parallel stories unfurl against the backdrop of an island paradise as WWII wages in the wider world. Nellie, an American Nurse, must navigate her complicated feelings for Emile, a mature French plantation owner, while Lt. Joe Cable struggles with his desire for Liat, a young and innocent Tonkinese woman.
Ranging from funny to charming to bittersweet, this musical is truly a classic – the score is lushly romantic, but intense undercurrents of human struggle prove it timeless. You’ll be tapping along to such favourites as “Some Enchanted Evening”, “I’m Gonna Wash That Man Right Outa My Hair”, and “There is Nothin’ Like a Dame”.
You've got to be to be taught before it's too late…
To hate all the people your relatives hate; you've got to be carefully taught.
FRONT ROW CENTRE PLAYERS SOCIETY'S COMMUNITY THEATRE PRODUCTION OF
- MUSIC BY RICHARD RODGERS
- LYRICS BY OSCAR HAMMERSTEIN II
- BOOK BY OSCAR HAMMERSTEIN II AND JOSHUA LOGAN
- DIRECTED BY JOEY SAYER
- MUSICAL DIRECTION BY ALLIE HIGGINS-POMPU
- ORCHESTRAL DIRECTION BY JOANNE SAMPSON
- CHOREOGRAPHY BY ANDREA GLEASON
- FEATURING CAITLIN KARPETZ as ENS. NELLIE FORBUSH
- MIKE JOHNSON as EMILE DE BECQUE
- MONET DUPAS as NGANA
- JJ PENARANDA as JEROME
- ROWENA ROMERO as BLOODY MARY
SOUTH PACIFIC is presented through special arrangement with R & H Theatricals: www.rnh.com