Dreams are a sweet mistake, all dreamers must awake...
It is 1971, and the iconic Weismann Theater, now a crumbling shell of its former glory, is about to be demolished to provide precious New York City parking space. Broadway impresario Dimitri Weismann arranges a reunion of the actors, singers, dancers, and personalities who peopled his famous Follies in the years between the World Wars, as a farewell tribute to the doomed building. In a shabby yet sparkling atmosphere of bittersweet nostalgia, a wide variety of faded glamour girls -- the famous Follies beauties of years gone by -- laugh, reminisce, brag, boast, express regret, and perform the musical numbers which made them famous, trailed by the ghostly memories of their younger selves.
With the endless variety of Stephen Sondheim’s score, a loving and brilliant pastiche of show music from the ‘20s, ‘30s, and ‘40s, and the time-travel trickery of James Goldman’s book, Follies is a glamorous and fascinating peek into a bygone era, and a clear-eyed look at the transformation of relationships over time.
Never look back...
FRONT ROW CENTRE PLAYERS SOCIETY'S COMMUNITY THEATRE PRODUCTION OF
FOLLIES (CONCERT VERSION)
- BOOK BY JAMES GOLDMAN
- MUSIC AND LYRICS BY STEPHEN SONDHEIM
- PRODUCED ORIGINALLY ON BROADWAY BY HAROLD PRINCE
- ORCHESTRATIONS BY JONATHAN TUNICK
- BY SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT WITH CAMERON MACKINTOSH
- DIRECTED BY JOEY SAYER
- MUSICAL DIRECTION BY LINDSAY KURTZE
- ORCHESTRA DIRECTION BY JOANNE SAMPSON
- FEATURING KELLY MISKO as SALLY DURANT PLUMMER
- MURRAY MELNYCHUK as BENJAMIN STONE
- CHERIE LEE as PHYLLIS ROGERS STONE
- GAVIN LIAM LOGAN as BUDDY PLUMMER
- CHELSEA HOWELL-FELLOWS as YOUNG SALLY
FOLLIES (CONCERT VERSION) is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI).
All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI.